- Reduces depression and anxiety
- Improves immune function
- Releases endorphins and other beneficial neurotransmitters
- Naturally relieves pain
- Improves sleep
- Decreases heart rate and blood pressure (lowering risk of heart disease)
- Fewer doctor's visits and lower medication use
- Reduces risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Improves outcomes in patients with cancer
In her ground-breaking book Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself, Dr. Lissa Rankin states that "flexing your creative muscles is as important to overall health and happiness as flexing your biceps!"
Sadly, the opposite holds true, as well. Your health can actually be harmed when creative expression is denied, repressed or withheld.
So ~ I've said it before and I'll say it again ~ Take that first step ~ that teeny, tiny baby step. Do something ~ Do anything. You could even start with crayons or markers and a coloring book.
Speaking of coloring books ~ In the past few months, I have come upon multiple instances of Coloring Books or Coloring Sheets for Adults!! One was actually a Color-It-Yourself Marketing E-Book.
So, I've decided to make it real easy for you ~ here's a copy of a Black and White Doodle Page. I call it "Color Challenge." Print it out and go to it! Let me know how you enjoyed it !!!
|"Doodle-rama" by Susan Schanerman|